About the Role
What is a Head of Service at Colne Housing?
Our Heads of Service work as a flexible and supportive senior management team partnering with the Executive ensuring that the Executive is fully supported in the delivery of strategy, business management and achieving the goals of the organisation.
We expect our leaders to actively promote and reflect Colne's culture, driving goals and values at all times with particular focus on leadership qualities.
Heads of Service at Colne deliver top quality operational leadership that focuses on creating the context for the organisation, making sure that the policies, processes, technologies and systems that bring the company strategies to life are in place, not only departmentally but cross-organisationally.
Within this context a Head of Service is responsible for the risk (including business continuity and crisis management), control and governance of their function/Department, accountable for the operational budgets in the context of a proactive and demonstrated value for money ethos and overall top quality people management in line with our People Strategy, policy and culture.
Heads of Service are expected to innovate, empower and support the business to succeed whilst operating within a regulated and complex environment They actively adopt a leadership style that reflects a strong emphasis on programming, policy shaping, project management and financial acumen.
The values that drive our mission are:
- Pride - in our organisation, in our professionalism and in our work
- Team spirited - in our approach to shaping the best solutions for our customers
- Taking personal responsibility - we will not pass the buck
- And we will ensure along the way we have plenty of fun!
The Head of Human Resources is responsible for the full operational leadership and control of the Colne approach to its people and culture.
In this context, the post holder will be key in ensuring the absolute best service delivery that puts customers central to company decision making through the delivery of the People Strategy.
The Head of Human Resources develops and delivers a broad range of plans and approaches which focus on people, work processes, inter-departmental collaboration and effectiveness, talent strategies and programmes to drive organisational effectiveness.
These include performance management, leadership development, workforce planning, career development, succession planning, organisational culture, organisational development and organisational change - in this the post holder acts as an advisor and critical friend to the Senior Management Team and Executive and ensures that change implementation is carried out by this group (or individual) in line with the Colne ethics and standards.
- The post holder will lead, motivate and inspire staff to develop a culture of excellence and contribute to the achievement of Colne becoming an employer of choice
- The post holder will seek out, develop and support key stakeholder relationships that add value to the vision and goals of the organisation
- The postholder reports directly to the Chief Executive The post will receive the support and guidance, as required, from the Executive and the Heads of Service group