Assistant Finance Business Partner
Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Assistant Finance Business Partner £43,600 to £50,000 plus excellent NHS benefit package Hybrid working 2/3 days in the Swindon office
The Great Western Finance team is firmly on track to achieve One NHS Finance Level 1 accreditation for excellence.
At Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (GWH), the finance department prides itself on being friendly and driven and on encouraging every team member to train, develop and improve personally and professionally.
The Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is a major provider of hospital, community and primary care services to the people of Swindon, Wiltshire and surrounding counties. We are an ambitious and progressive Foundation Trust, with 1.2 million patient contacts every year and a
c £400 million annual turnover. Safety, quality and the patient experience are central to every decision we make and everything we do. From November 2019, we began providing GP services, alongside hospital and community services in Swindon, creating a unique opportunity to provide care which feels well-coordinated, more joined-up for patients and their families and ultimately more sustainable.
Our STAR values are at the heart of everything we do and you can expect to see them in the way we act and the way we treat each other. Our values make us who we are.
ServiceWe will put our patients first
TeamworkWe will work together
AmbitionWe will aspire to provide the best service
RespectWe will act with integrity
We are looking to recruit an experienced, professional, and motivated Assistant Finance Business Partner at GWH. This is a key role in finance that is paramount to the success of both finance and the Divisions they are responsible for. The post holder is expected to work at a high level in the organisation demonstrating credibility with the Divisional Management teams, Head of Service and Clinicians at all levels.
Reporting to the Finance Business Partner, this role will play an important role in all areas of monthly financial management information produced and will ensure an effective and efficient service of financial information is offered to the directorate and wider teams.
To succeed in this role you will:
- Be a qualified Accountant with experience of working in a medium to large and complex organisation.
- Have experience of working with operational teams and of helping shape strategic and business planning processes.
- Have experience of providing financial input to support services, in order to develop new pathways and technologies, maximise business opportunities and ultimately deliver an excellent patience experience.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrable experience in working with operational teams and other corporate functions to deliver a mature rounded service.
In return for your hard work and dedication you will enjoy a wide variety of benefits including:
- Band 7 salary package £43,000 to £50,000
- 27 – 33 days holiday (based on length of NHS service), plus bank holidays
- Hybrid and flexible working available
- Standard NHS pension and other associated benefits
NHS Experience is certainly not a prerequisite for this role and we would welcome applications from all sectors. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles as diversity strengthens our teams.