A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced procurement professional to join this large public sector organisation in Nottingham as a Category Manager. Reporting into the Deputy Head of Procurement, this role requires someone with excellent category management and procurement experience as well as a background in public sector procurement and working knowledge of PCR and EU legislation.
Duties of the role will include:
- Advise and provide guidance at a senior management level to ensure compliance on all aspects of procurement.
- Identify, analyse and seek to maximise full benefit of any potential cost improvements as a result of any procurement activity, national or regional contracting arrangements through membership of various collaborative procurement initiatives and ensure that any specific requirements of the organisation are taken into account.
- Develop and maintain a sound knowledge of all relevant commodities and supply markets through conducting market research.
- Take responsible for leading the tender process and preparing all associated documentation.
- Participate in analysing and evaluating received tender bids, applying a degree of analytical skill whilst taking into account assimilation of other determining factors in the decision making process.
- Present options to allow recommendations to be made, based on agreement with stakeholders for consideration in a clear and concise format and prepare all necessary reports required for approval purposes, in order to conclude the subsequent awarding of contracts
You will have worked within a hands on procurement role before and have strong stakeholder management experience. Excellent communication skills are also a key requirements for the role.
Knowledge of EU procurement legislation and PCR 2015 is also required.
The salary on offer is circa £45,000and you will need to be on-site 2 days a week.