My London based local government client is looking for a Category Manager to join them on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Head of Procurement and working as part of the people team, your role will be to deliver a compliant procurement processes whilst ensuring value for money and savings are made across procurement activity. You will also take the lead in developing category plans and strategies whilst ensuring best practice is adhered to.
Day to day your role will include:
- Developing category based sourcing plans
- Analysing spend, supplier volumes, market dynamics and transaction costs
- Leading on procurement projects, ensuring they are in line wit public sector procurement legislation
- Developing and implementing procurement strategies and managing procurement risk
- Develop and manage external relationships and support and promote key internal strategic relationships
- Develop tender and quote documentation and evaluate tender responses
In order to be successful within this role you will need to be able to demonstrate experience of public sector procurement. The role also includes team management so some experience in previous man management would be an advantage.
The role is a permanent position and is being offered with hybrid working patterns. The salary band on offer is £52,000 to £65,000.