Category Manager – Estates
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join this public sector organisation based in the Home Counties. Working as the Category Manager and reporting into the Commercial Director, your role will be to develop and implement and agreed procurement strategy for your category area as well as deliver value and cost savings and develop relationships with senior stakeholders and develop and business partnering approach.
Day to day you will be responsible for the delivery, review and development of the procurement strategy whilst developing relevant supplier relationships and ensuring continual improvement and best practice is delivered. You will also educate and develop stakeholders and manage risk and ensure value for money is delivered through effective negotiation and appropriate contractual relationships.
Ideally you will be CIPS qualified or working towards the qualification and you will have the following experience:
- Solid experience of commercial negotiations
- Experience in the development, drafting, structuring, negotiating and managing of supplier contracts
- The ability to financially evaluate proposals from a cost and risk perspective together with the preparation of business justifications recommending actions to be taken re business proposals
- Experience in supplier evaluations
- A deep understanding of the market and supply base in relation to the categories of spend under control Contract Management
- Solid experience in running tender exercises including the completion of tender documentation
- The ability to work with internal and external stakeholders in order to develop joint approaches to challenges and to achieve best practice in procurements
This role will be pay circa £60,000 and requires 2 to 3 days a week in the office.