Category Manager – Estates, Projects & Maintenance
My London based public sector client is looking to recruit an experienced Category Manager into their procurement team on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Head of Procurement, the role of Category Manager will be focused on maintaining and developing supplier agreements whilst achieving best value for money across the estates and maintenance category.
Day to day you will be required to lead on procurement projects, ensuring good procurement practices are followed and maintained whilst developing category plans and ensuring tenders are carried out in line with public sector procurement regulations.
Responsibilities will include:
- To provide professional procurement advice and ensure compliance to the relevant regulatory and statutory obligations.
- To attend and proactively participate at project boards as required, advising and assisting with making key decisions.
- To proactively identify, evaluate and drive opportunities of procurement options to provide value for money
- To ensure that compliance and best value is achieved for all Tenders carried out. This will include co-ordinating the development of product/service specifications, preparing the commercial and legal elements of the invitation to tender documentation, agreeing evaluation criteria and participating in the evaluation of tender returns
- Provide a focal point for contractual advice and guidance to internal and external clients, promoting and developing procurement expertise
- To quantify and deliver procurement savings in accordance with agreed objectives.
The successful candidate will ideally be CIPS qualified, or working towards the qualification and have some experience in the estates and maintenance category. Public sector procurement experience is essential for the role.
The role is being offered on a hybrid basis with 2 days a week in the London office. Salary on offer is £52,000 to £58,000.