HR Project Officer
HR Project Officer
At Southwark, we are committed to making our borough fair and just, taking positive action to tackle inequality. We support a thriving, diverse and dynamic community, and our passion for Southwark is shared by the millions of Londoners who enjoy our outstanding cultural offer and attend our hospitals and universities.
With our current Chief Executive in post since May 2022, it’s an exciting time to join and support the changes and improvements needed to deliver our new borough plan.
If you want to make a difference to one of the most exciting parts of London, please apply.
As HR Project Officer, you will:
- Co-ordinate, undertake, and deliver projects of varying size and complexity in relation to our workforce strategy, to meet business needs and support the Council’s Delivery Plan, 2022 to 2026
- Devise, plan and undertake research in relation to workforce, leadership and development, employee relations, resourcing, statutory obligations, reward, process improvements, equality, diversity, inclusion and anti-racism, and other fields across the scope of HR&OD
- Organise events, providing operational support, contribute towards communication and engagement activities and initiatives such as modernising our intranet, improving our reward framework, and strengthening our staff networks
Your background, skills, and experience:
- Graduate member of CIPD, or equivalent
- Practical experience working as an HR professional implementing projects in a large complex organisation. Ideally including public/third sector
- Providing high quality business-led advice across HR&OD
- Developed and delivered effective communication and engagement strategies that take into account different needs across a range of stakeholders
- Able to identify, interpret and present data and statistics in accessible ways, undertaking high quality research
- Commitment to Southwark Council’s values and our ambition to become a more inclusive, anti-racist organisation
Hybrid and flexible working arrangements considered
Closing Date 14th April
We are passionate about our people and understand that richness of diversity is a requirement to provide the best possible services to our communities. This is demonstrated through our council-wide ambitious commitment to tackle racial inequality in our communities and workforce through our Southwark Stands Together initiative. We particularly welcome applications from members of the black, Asian and minority ethnic communities to increase representation at senior management level in the Council.