Interim Deputy Director of Operations – Medicine
A Interim Deputy Director of Operations is required for a NHS Trust in the South East within Medicine. You will need to be an experienced Operational Manager with the relevant experience at an 8d level in a NHS Acute Trust and be available for a new contract until the end of July in the first instance.
The Deputy Director of Operations is responsible for delivering the Trust’s Strategy, within their area of responsibility, incorporating the following:
- Ensuring the standardisation of services across all relevant specialities to the best possible level, so that patients experience high quality care;
- Lead on the planning, development and delivery of services to ensure that there is a common understanding of capacity and demand with clear operational plans to deliver the best in care in the most appropriate settings;
- Planning and managing services to ensure the best possible use of resources. This will include income opportunities, reducing run-rate, delivering cost improvement programmes (CIPs) and delivering the recommendations from benchmarking tools such as Model Hospital and GIRFT;
- Leading the development of a sustainable workforce across multiple disciplines that is fit for the future within their area of responsibility;
- Working with system partners to put in place clinical pathways that care for patients in the most appropriate settings, and reducing inappropriate or avoidable demand for acute services.
- The Deputy Director of Operations will be responsible for all aspects of operational performance of the Division whilst maintaining quality standards and for ensuring the implementation and maintenance of good governance arrangements. This includes the line management of Service Unit Managers and associated teams.
If you have the relevant experience as detailed above and available for a new interim contract, please apply.