Interim Director 111
A Director is required to be responsible for all Ambulance Service and 111 contracts and related projects. You will be an experienced NHS Interim who has extensive understanding of Urgent Care and Ambulance Service contracts and be available at short notice, as well as being able to commute on hybrid working basis to the midlands.
The post holder will work as part of a single senior management team and this role will lead the management and delivery of the Ambulance Service/111 contracts on behalf of the regional ICBs. The role will have responsibility and accountability for agreeing the contractual terms and associated commissioning arrangements, whilst also supporting the development of new commissioning and provision models through the creation of Integrated Care Systems and more collaborative and Place-based working.
Role Specific Duties
- To act as a Director Lead within the developing local commissioning architecture across the region and influencing and supporting the future development of regional commissioning alongside other ICB leads.
- Be responsible for leading the commissioning and improvement work-stream programmes of the regional contracts, such as CCGs and 111 including (not exclusive of) planning, negotiations, contracting, performance and all projects which supports and enables an environment of continuous improvement to deliver on all the 111 targets and programmes of improvement;
- Responsible for delivery of the national, regional and local targets (including winter planning and pressures) relating to Ambulance Service/111 contracts, regional and local urgent care strategies and associated issues, performance benchmarks and other targets established through commissioners and local providers;
- Ensure that the programme systematically prioritises patient safety and improving quality of services for patients, and that this commitment by commissioners is recognised and respected by stakeholders including patients and service users;
- Ensure that the commissioning of the service is fully aligned with the quality agenda, and is reflected in the contracts, and contracting process;
- The post-holder will support the modernisation of 111 services supporting key service reviews and developing appropriate strategies across the health and social care community systematically;
- Be the commissioning partnership lead and liaison with the ambulance service and the ICB Leads in each county area;
- The post holder will have accountability and responsibility for delivering corporate objectives around this contract and related areas;
- The post holder will line manage the multi-disciplinary 111 commissioning team;
- The post holder will develop effective strategy and operational policies for promoting the effective use of ambulance services across the region
If you have the relevant experience as detailed above, please do apply.