IT Project Manager
The Information Technology Project Manager will plan, establish, and manage information technology (IT) projects and will serve as a liaison between the business and technical aspects of assigned projects.
- Manages assigned IT projects to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope of project.
- Develops, maintains, and revises proposals for assigned projects including project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, timelines, funding, and staffing.
- Sets and tracks project milestones; manages and accounts for unforeseen delays, then realigns schedules and expectations as needed.
- Establishes and implements project communication plans, providing status updates to affected staff and stakeholders.
- Collects, analyzes, and summarizes information and trends as needed to prepare project status reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Excellent understanding of MS Dynamics CRM systems
- Excellent understanding of MS SQL skills and database management
- Excellent analytical, logical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of project management principles and planning.
- Thorough understanding of information technology procedures and practices.
- Proficient with, or able to quickly become proficient with, a range of general and specialized applications, software, and hardware used in the organization and the industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to motivate groups of people to complete a project in a timely manner.
- Understanding of ITIL principles.