Pay & Reward Specialist
Pay and Reward Specialist
At Southwark, we are committed to making our borough fair and just, taking positive action to tackle inequality. We support a thriving, diverse and dynamic community, and our passion for Southwark is shared by the millions of Londoners who enjoy our outstanding cultural offer and attend our hospitals and universities.
With our current Chief Executive in post since May 2022, it’s an exciting time to join and support the changes and improvements needed to deliver our new borough plan.
If you want to make a difference to one of the most exciting parts of London, please apply.
As Pay and Reward Specialist, you will:
- Provide strategic and technical subject matter expertise, advice, guidance and management of pay and reward practice
- lead on the design and ongoing delivery of transparent pay and grading structures, benefits strategy and reward and recognition schemes that align with our strategic objectives
- lead on the provision, application and development of job evaluation, labour market intelligence and recruitment and retention strategies for hard to fill roles, including use of market factors to help ensure Southwark Council is fit for current and future requirements.
Your background, skills, and experience:
- Graduate member of CIPD, or equivalent
- Substantial experience of leading on pay and reward matters within a complex, unionised organisation, (including strategy development, negotiations and implementation)
- Ideally have knowledge of local authority pay arrangements including pensions’ provision
- Providing and holding responsibility for advice and guidance, both within HROD and to others, including eg remuneration, overall reward management, employee benefits, strategic management of an analytical job evaluation scheme
- Monitoring, researching, analysing and interpreting HR and business-related management information
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills with the ability to build credibility and maintain effective working relationships both internally within HROD and the wider council, with trade unions and externally with other employers, government departments and professional associations
- Commitment to Southwark Council’s values and our ambition to become a more inclusive, anti-racist organisation
Hybrid and flexible working arrangements considered.
Closing Date 9th April
We are passionate about our people and understand that richness of diversity is a requirement to provide the best possible services to our communities. This is demonstrated through our council-wide ambitious commitment to tackle racial inequality in our communities and workforce through our Southwark Stands Together initiative. We particularly welcome applications from members of black, Asian and minority ethnic communities to increase representation at senior management level in the Council.