Principal Procurement Officer
My Berkshire based public sector client is looking to recruit 2 Procurement Officers to join their team. Reporting into the Head of Procurement and working across a diverse procurement portfolio, the role of the Procurement Officer will be to support in the delivery of the procurement plan and objectives whilst also leading on the development of new procurement strategies and contracts, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
Daily your role will include:
- Developing new contracts delivering clear service improvements and real cash savings, including assessment of current needs and expenditure, assessment of markets and early engagement with markets.
- Development of external networks to identify collaborative procurements or innovative approaches.
- Lead and develop commercial contract management and delivery of contract benefits
- Identify opportunities for savings through procurement and provide expenditure analysis and reports using data from the finance system.
- Advise senior managers on all procurement and contract management issues; build strong and positive relationships across the organisation and champion a quality and performance related culture to ensure service delivery is effective and responds to identified needs
Ideally you will be fully CIPS qualified and be able to demonstrate experience in leading and delivering procurement projects across a range of category areas. Experience within contract management as well as some experience in public sector procurement is also a key requirement for the role.
The role will offer a starting salary of £42,500 and can be offered on either a fully remote or hybrid basis.