Procurement Assistant – Tenders
£30,500 – £31,500
About The Council
About The Council
Croydon is one of London’s largest and most diverse boroughs, with distinct and varied communities creating an exciting place full of opportunity. We are proud of our heritage, creativity and diversity, which will be at the heart of Croydon’s London Borough of Culture 2023 celebrations. We are home to more than 388 000 residents, with the largest number of under 18s of any London borough.
In recent months there has been significant focus on the challenges facing Croydon. We do not shy away from the scale of these challenges and have improvement programmes across the organisation to deliver the changes that are needed. All areas of the Council are under review including our ability to seek improve contract management and secure the best outcomes from contracts.
The role of the Procurement Assistant will be to support the provision of a strategic procurement service whilst contributing to improving procurement and contract management practices across the Council as well as to support in the delivery of sustainable efficiencies in third party spend.
This duties of the role will include:
- Delivery of the supplier set up process and contract set up process for all spend, using the Council’s P2P System. This includes the process of requisition and purchase order management and query resolution.
- Assisting with updates to and reporting from the Council’s contracts and purchasing pipeline.
- Assisting with the Council’s Contract governance and reporting processes, including administration of relevant Boards and meetings.
- Assisting with the interpretation of procurement policy and implementation into local practice and delivery.
- Assisting with the development and delivery of the Council’s performance management framework.
As part of the role you will also be responsible for providing project support to the Strategic Procurement and Governance service to ensure key deliverables are achieved as well as delivering the supplier set up process and contract set up process.
To be considered for the role you will ideally have some exposure to public sector procurement and an understanding of working within a regulated environment. You will also have experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously to meet goals and deadlines.
You will have strong organisational and communication skills and be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills. You will also need to be able to demonstrate excellent relationship management skills.
We are committed to promoting equality and respecting diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.
For further information about the role or to request a copy of the full job description please contact Joanne Till at Morgan Law on 07733 264775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note Morgan Law are managing this campaign on behalf of Croydon Council and any CVs sent directly to the council will not be considered.