Procurement Officers – Sustainable Communities & Housing
£38,800 – £40,800
About The Council
Croydon is one of London’s largest and most diverse boroughs, with distinct and varied communities creating an exciting place full of opportunity. We are proud of our heritage, creativity and diversity, which will be at the heart of Croydon’s London Borough of Culture 2023 celebrations. We are home to more than 388 000 residents, with the largest number of under 18s of any London borough.
In recent months there has been significant focus on the challenges facing Croydon. We do not shy away from the scale of these challenges and have improvement programmes across the organisation to deliver the changes that are needed. All areas of the Council are under review including our ability to seek improve contract management and secure the best outcomes from contracts.
The role of Procurement Officer will be responsible for supporting the Council’s ambition to achieve the best outcomes through effective commissioning, procurement and contract management by delivering a professional and commercial approach that delivers cost effective, value for money service models and social value, results in high quality services and ensures equality, opportunities and fairness for all. This duties of the role will include:
- Leading the development and ongoing delivery of the Council’s contracts and purchasing pipeline, through performance and business intelligence
- Working with colleagues across the Council to inform the development of Procurement strategies
- Collaborating Procurement colleagues to develop systems to support and report on operational contract management for example the reporting on Social Value
- Taking ownership for the Councils external contract register, and supplier facing information and guidance
- Working with key stakeholders to support the implementation of technology that drives effective use of contract information and supports corporate reporting requirements
- Supporting the Strategic Procurement Development Manager with spend analysis for council contracts and off contract spend.
As part of the role you will also be responsible for networking across London LA’s and comparing contracts registers at a regional level to explore opportunities for sharing performance and financial data and potentially collaborating in joint procurements.
To be considered for the role you will need to be able to demonstrate a good understanding of procurement governance processes as well as knowledge of Public Contract Regulations 2015 and best practice related to public procurement. You will also need to be able to demonstrate knowledge of value for money principles and an understanding of supply chain management processes.
You will be an excellent communicator and have a track record in influencing others whilst building strong relationships. You will also need strong analytical skills and be a lateral thinker who is able to develop creative and innovative service solutions.
We are committed to promoting equality and respecting diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.
For further information about the role or to request a copy of the full job description please contact Joanne Till at Morgan Law on 07733 264775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note Morgan Law are managing this campaign on behalf of Croydon Council and any CVs sent directly to the council will not be considered.