Senior Data Engineer
A Charity in London are seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join their ever expanding team on a permanent basis. You will play a key role in the Data Architecture Project with an aim to centralise their siloed data assets into one ecosystem.
This is a fully remote role.
– Be the in-house technical lead for the development and implementation of a dynamic, elastic and resilient data architecture structure which supports current and future contracts. Cross departmental and external collaboration to identify need and create data solutions.
– Work with the external and internal teams to build and implement Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes to extract data from diverse, complex sources across the business, transform into a useable format and load into data storage systems. Be able to review systems and suggest optimisation solutions for organisational efficiency and security
– You will be the go-to expert on all things Azure, including the management of the data infrastructure, best practices, cost optimisation and performance tuning.
– Automate data workflows such as data ingestion, aggregation, and ETL processing. Work with the wider team and Information Security team to ensure data accuracy, integrity, security, and compliance throughout all workings and quality control procedure are in place.
– A large percentage of your working week will be aiding others to learn and grow, passing your technical knowledge down to a Junior or Mid-Level Engineer.
– Extensive experience and proven track record of data modelling, building and testing.
– Experience of designing and leading data processes.
– Strong interpersonal skills Excellent written and spoken communication skills, with proven ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and compelling way to a variety of audiences.
– Expert skills in advanced data languages and techniques: SQL and object-oriented programming languages, such as Python, C#, .Net Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities simultaneously.
– Advanced knowledge and experience of Azure fundamentals, such as Governance, Security & Monitoring, Azure Storage.
– Awareness of how data is used in a range of analytical and evaluation techniques.
– Full right to work in the UK.