Strategic Business Partner – People & Culture
At Plan International, we are proud to have built a strong global function, we are now looking to develop and strengthen our business partnering within the People and Culture team. We aim to continue to ‘raise the bar’ and build confidence and credibility in our function through ensuring that the people and culture team is focussed on supporting our global client groups to deliver on the aims of our ‘100 Million Reasons’ strategy .
In our Strategic Business Partner we are looking for a senior, highly experienced and qualified HR professional, who will work closely with the Chief People Officer and Head of OD and Strategic Business Partnering to build an exceptional HR service. We need an individual to join us who know what true ‘business partnering’ looks like, who can bring business acumen, a mindset that is both agile and customer focussed and an ability to keep broader strategic aims at the heart of people matters. You will be a highly credible and consultative partner to senior managers with the confidence and interpersonal skills to coach, negotiate and influence at all levels within the organisation. As well as bringing technical expertise in people related matters, you will be a champion of cultural change and collaboration, not just within the team but as a role model across the organisation.
Working globally, this role requires an understanding of working across a broad range of cultures and economic contexts, so an understanding of the challenges and complexities that come with working internationally would be required. Equality, diversity and inclusion are central to Plan International’s values and desired culture and this role is key in promoting that culture.
Some key deliverables:
- Act as a trusted and credible Global Strategic advisor on people related matters.
- Build a specific knowledge of client groups cultural contexts and markets.
- Deliver strategic workforce planning, including talent and succession planning and leadership development.
- Act as an internal consultant on programmes of organisation design and effectiveness.
- Work with leadership to develop and execute a client group people and culture plan.
- Provide strategic case work support on complex casework and ER issues.
- Promote values based leadership and focus on embedding EDI principles in our culture.