United Communities and Solon South West are actively working on a proposed merger to create an ambitious new housing association for Bristol and surrounding areas. This proposal will be shaped by our residents, who we are consulting during the summer.
United Communities and Solon Housing are similar in size and based in Bristol, with proud histories of supporting local communities in innovative and agile ways. United Communities has more than 1,800 homes and Solon has 1,300 homes, with each organisation employing around 40 staff. Both organisations have common values and strategic priorities around delivering excellent service, providing quality homes and enabling our staff to succeed and thrive.
We believe we can achieve more by working together than we can as separate organisations. Together, both organisations would become Bristol’s largest housing association and would play a vital role in driving forward the agenda for affordable housing and stronger communities in the city.
As our new Chief Executive, you would lead the integration of both organisations, shaping a shared culture to deliver exceptional customer service, growth and stability. Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and delivering a strategy for the integration of the two organisations to create improved customer service and employee experience
- Inspiring and leading our team to deliver high quality housing and associated services
- Engaging with our residents and communities in line with our Values and Vision
- Developing strong partnerships with a wide range of external stakeholders to develop more affordable housing, build communities and tackle homelessness
- Ensuring our compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements within a robust framework of good governance
- Creating an environment in which diversity and inclusion is valued and clearly demonstrated.
We are looking for you to bring experience of:
- Working at senior executive level in a housing association or similar environment
- Mergers and establishing strategic partnerships and leading change programmes
- Successfully leading and motivating people, developing successful, cohesive and high performing teams
- Delivering excellent and innovative customer service
- Championing equality, diversity and inclusion issues in the design and delivery of services and leadership.
This is a unique opportunity to join us at an early stage, help shape our future, and make a lasting positive impact for our communities and staff.
For a recruitment pack with additional information, please contact James Stephens at Morgan Law by emailing email@example.com or telephoning 0207 747 4931. The Closing Date for applications will be 11pm on Monday 13th July.