Clinical Services Director
More than three million people in the UK are estimated to have osteoporosis. The impact on their lives is huge. It has been calculated that every minute, someone in the UK suffers a broken bone through a fragility fracture. As the only UK charity dedicated to ending the pain and suffering caused by osteoporosis, the Royal Osteoporosis Society has been making a real difference to people living with osteoporosis for more than 30 years. We help the nation look after its bones and appreciate the importance of bone health for everybody. For those who develop osteoporosis, we are here to help them live well. With our recently acquired Royal title and new strategy, we want to deliver a step change in our reach across the country.
In common with other charities, the impact of the Covid-19 downturn has been challenging. However, we have taken swift action to address the current challenges and are confident that the charity now has the resilience and resources necessary to grow and develop through any future uncertainty. This has included successfully bidding for Government investment in our services, while widening our reach into new funding partnerships.
As Clinical Services Director, you will report to the Chief Executive as a member of the charity’s Senior Management Team. Key responsibilities will include:
• Leading the charity’s patient-facing services, including our successful Specialist Nurse Helpline and digital clinical resources
• Taking forward the work programme associated with the Cure Aim of the charity’s strategic direction
• Overseeing the strategic development of the Osteoporosis Bone Research Academy and its activities
• Leading the charity’s research function including the management of Research Grants
• Overseeing the development and curation of new resources to improve bone health, with a focus on reaching patients digitally
• Overseeing health professional engagement, ensuring their needs are met through education and training
• Playing an active role in the running of the charity as a member of the Senior Management Team
We are looking for an experienced leader with an understanding of the health sector, ideally with a clinical background although this is not a prerequisite. You will need strong experience of running operational services, including taking teams through change, growth and development. You will also need a passion for delivering quality services and be committed to continuous improvement, performance management, impact assessment and customer service. A knowledge of osteoporosis or bone health is not necessary in the role as others bring this expertise within the organisation.
This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting new chapter at the Royal Osteoporosis Society, under a new leadership team, as we emerge from a period of restructuring and seek to scale up our services nationally. If you are looking for a role where you can have a transformative impact on people’s lives and make a significant contribution to societal wellbeing, we hope you will apply.
Our offices are currently based outside Bath, but we may seek to move to a more central position in Bristol or Bath over the next 12-24 months. We have a very flexible approach and this post can be based remotely although we would expect a weekly visit to the office in normal circumstances.
For a recruitment pack with further information, please contact James Stephens at Morgan Law Executive Recruitment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Application is by CV and Supporting Statement which should be sent to email@example.com. The Closing Date will be 11pm on Monday 7th September.