You will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the Local authority’s Capital Programme as well as the appraisal and approval of capital projects.
• Provide business partnering to key stakeholders for all financial planning and accounting matters including variance analysis and tracking of capital expenditure
• Work closely with accountants in other finance teams to deliver monthly reporting to the business and the finance and investment team timetable
• Prepare regular forecasts of divisional costs, project costs and capital expenditure delegated budgets and revenue.
• Identify variances to both forecast and budget; took responsibility for issue resolution; and reporting to senior management & DMT
• Capital programme management year-end and monthly closure of accounts producing department monthly report to DMT/SMT
• Prepare supporting information for proposals to the Investment Committees
• Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations and investigation of reconciling items
• Liaise with the Chief Accountant to close the Authority’s capital accounts and prepare the capital aspects of the GLA’s accounts in accordance to IFRS/CIPFA guidance
Qualifications and experience:
• Experience within Capital accounting for a Local Authority
• CIPFA / ACCA / CIMA / ACA Qualification desirable but not necessary