Director of Digital
An NHS Trust in the Home Counties is seeking a Director of Digital on a fixed term contract for two years.
This new role of Director of the Digital will be the Trust's Head of Clinical and Administrative IT systems. The Director of the Digital will lead the delivery of digital health solutions ensuring that the Trust's current and future technology needs are delivered efficiently and effectively, contributing to their ambitious transformation agenda. The role has overall responsibility for the management of all clinical digital resources, applications, integration teams and performance management of related external service agreements and contracts for these systems.
- Lead the digital pillar of the ICT Strategy to ensure current and future digital technology needs are delivered in the most effective and efficient way. Ensuring the trust fully exploits digital across its clinical settings taking account of the overall transformation agenda, and need for ongoing modernisation of our digital solutions
- Lead, plan, co-ordinate and design all IT clinical and business processes, including leadership of Health Records, as well as provide expert direction and support for digital solutions that support clinical and non-clinical processes.
- Work closely with key clinical and non-clinical decision makers locally, regionally, and nationally, and health and social care integration partners, to ensure identification, development, and implementation of cost-effective technological solutions for all aspects of the organisation.
- Provide professional and line management leadership for the clinical, applications, integration and informatics teams.
- To manage the strategic direction and delivery of IT systems via the support departments and external contracts.
- Be a member of the IM&T (Informatics) Senior Management Team and contribute to the decision-making, management and service delivery of the wider IM&T Directorate.
- Working near Board level, familiarity of working with Executive Directors, Senior Management and Clinical staff, including commissioners, GPs, other organisations.
- Departmental manager familiar with line managing staff and dealing with issues.
- Minimum of 5 years plus working at a senior level, with a strong professional reputation built on a track record of career development through delivery.
- The post holder must possess a specialist understanding of the Data Protection Act, Caldicott Guardianship and NHS Patient Records management standards and principles, and ensure these are applied within the function's services and across the wider Trust.
- Clinical and business system specialist with expert knowledge of supplier marketplace and functionality and innovation.
- Full understanding of Industry best practice methodologies for systems management and administration with knowledge of development road maps, system life cycles and consolidation and integration strategies.
- Understanding the NHS modernisation agenda and appreciation of the national information strategy.