Interim Chief Accountant
£750 per day
• To be the primary expert on financial accounting regulations and be the primary advisor on this subject matter to the Council’s statutory section 151 Officer.
• To hold the day-to-day responsibility for the Council’s system of financial controls, ensuring that all key reconciliations are produced monthly, quarterly or yearly depending on their importance and the regularity.
• To regularly liaise and manage relationships with the External Auditors at a senior level.
• To manage the production of the Council’s Single entity and Group accounts.
• To manage the end of year capital and asset accounting processes.
• To manage the financial accounting function and present to directors and councillors on the matter, where appropriate.
• To ensure that the team provide specialist financial accounting advice to budget holders and officers in other parts of Finance to support decision-making and financial modelling of major business cases.
• To be the day-to-day system owner of SAP, BPC, CIPFA Asset Manager and any system related to the Council’s Accounts.
ACA, ACCA qualified.
Experience of working within other Councils at this level
Prior Chief Accountant level roles to have been held
What’s on offer?
£750 per day inside IR35