Head of Financial Planning and Analysis
HFT is a national charity that supports more than 3000 people to live with independence, choice, and with all the support they need and provides services to 1000’S more through our projects: Love2MeetU, personalised technology and Family Carer Support.
In response to the changing landscape across the learning disability sector, we have recently developed a new and exciting business strategy, which provides a framework detailing how we run our business support activities, processes and systems across the organisation.
As part of this strategy HFT are looking to recruit a Head of Financial Planning and Analysis based in our Bristol HQ
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new vision and influence and shape the direction of the charity with the wider finance and operational team
In this role you will head up a team of Finance Business Partners who each support one of the trading divisions and are part of a wider team that is fully engaged in helping the organisation to achieve key efficiencies as well as driving cultural change. You will also support the head office directorates through the delivery of analysis and insight in the delivery of financial sustainability
Key responsibilities include:
- To provide high level analysis and interpretation of operational performance, building on trends, analyses and interpretation, highlighting deviations to expected trends, and evaluate potential impact.
- To provide regular re-forecast of financial performance, including balance sheet capital projects and cash flow.
- To develop insight and analysis into financial trends and performance, feeding into the ongoing development of operational and business strategy.
- To develop “what if” and scenario modelling through the creation of an organisation wide modelling tool based on financial, and non-financial parameters, in order to highlight financial and operational risks and opportunities.
- Work closely with the FD, the Exec team and Trustees providing all information re budgets and forecasts, provide the organisation’s long-term financial model and dashboard, and provide the right level of financial assurances
- Qualified accountant, with experience of financial control, budgeting, forecasting, modelling and financial analysis techniques and excellent IT / MIS skills
- You will need to be a strong leader and be able to manage competing priorities and thrive in a period of change and ambiguity, whilst providing sound support for your team.
- Be self-motivated, resilient and have managed multiple workstreams over a successful career to date
- You will be able to work with the FD, the Exec team and Trustees presenting budgets and re-forecasts, provide the organisation’s long-term financial dashboard, and provide assurances that the charity will continue to be a viable financial going concern into the foreseeable future.
- You will have experience of working in a changing and face paced environment and the ability to react to business needs using initiative and developing creative financial solutions
Up to £55,000 salary for a 35 hour week
Contributory pension scheme
Up to 25 days holiday
Private health cover