Chief People Officer
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust is one of the leading Acute Trusts in the South East. Recently shortlisted for the HSJ Acute Provider of the Year and a consistently high performer, particularly in Cancer and Emergency Services, we are looking for a talented and compassionate Chief People Officer to join our ambitious team.
We’re serious about delivering our vision of Exceptional People, Outstanding Care. The People Directorate is currently undergoing a transformation and we are committed to creating a “One Team” ethos and providing a customer focused service to the organisation. Your strong and compassionate leadership will develop and stretch our People and OD professionals.
We want to appoint, develop and grow talented leaders at every level. Our ambitious cultural change programme and effective workforce planning programme mean we are confident that we will create a truly great place to work and be recognised by the CQC with the award of “Outstanding”.
You will need to:
- Lead the People & Organisational Development directorate, taking responsibility for Organisation Development, Culture & Leadership, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Staff Engagement and Experience, Human Resources, Employee Relations, Learning & Development, Health & Wellbeing and our Freedom to Speak Up functions.
- Contribute to the strategic leadership of the Trust, as an Executive Board member act as guardian of the Trust values.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Trust Board on all people and organisational development matters, coaching and supporting the CEO and executive colleagues.
- Work in partnership with the Executive team to create a compassionate, inclusive and innovative culture building on our motivation to look after and value our colleagues, create a sense of belonging and promote more inclusive services and workplaces.
- Lead the delivery of the NHS National People Plan on our behalf at system and local level in line with the Trust’s vision and values, building on, and working with national and regional partners, to ensure we are an employer of choice.
You will have:
- Education to Masters level or equivalent qualifications in a relevant subject e.g. MSc, HRM, OD, Employee Relations, or equivalent experience.
- Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, or the equivalent level of experience.
- Experience as either a HR Director in a large complex organisation or significant experience as a Deputy
- A track record of shaping a values based leadership culture across a complex organisation.
- Strong track record in organisational effectiveness, including workforce efficiency, planning and productivity.
- A strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced HR professional to join our ambitious executive team and play a key role in delivering our vision of Exceptional People, Outstanding Care. For more information and an informal and confidential discussion please contact Samantha Eales on 0207 747 6821 or email@example.com