Employment Relations & Inclusion Manager
At Plan International, we are proud to have built a strong global function, we are now looking to develop and strengthen our Employment Relations function within the newly relaunched People and Culture team. We aim to continue to ‘raise the bar’ to the new priorities of the organisation our function through ensuring that the people and culture team is focussed on supporting our global client groups to deliver on the aims of our ‘100 Million Reasons’ strategy.
In our Employment Relations & Inclusion Manager, we are looking for a highly experienced and qualified HR professional, who will work closely with the Executive Director of People & Culture to review, establish and maintain the critical employment relations and inclusion policies, systems and processes to protect both Plan and its employees. We need an individual to join us who brings both specialist employment relations knowledge and the experience of applying employment law to develop Employee Relations policies and manage complex cases. As well as this technical expertise, you will be a tactful communicator with the interpersonal skills to manage complex employee relations matters in ways that balance organisational values with risk and exposure.
Working globally and ensuring that Plan has case management capability across the global function, this role requires an understanding of Employment Relations in relation to a multinational workforce and working with diverse populations, cultures and socio-economic contexts. Prior international and multi-jurisdictional ER and case work management experience should be evident.
Some key deliverables:
• Design, develop and implement policies, systems and guidelines to be used across the organisation.
• Deliver proactive advice in casework management and establish casework management systems and procedures.
• Act as ER representative on more complex cases to conclude in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Work closely with other areas of the organisation, including People and Culture colleagues on projects relating to terms and conditions and casework.
• Provide line management support to the Employee Relations Advisor.
• Attend meetings of the Global Hub Information & Consultation of Employees – ICE Forum.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, please refer to the job description in the link below.