Strategic Business Partner, People and Culture - Lead
At Plan International, we are proud to have built a strong global function, we are now looking to develop and strengthen our business partnering within the newly relaunched People and Culture team. We aim to continue to ‘raise the bar’ to the new priorities of the organisation in our function through ensuring that the people and culture team is focussed on supporting our global client groups to deliver on the aims of our ‘100 Million Reasons’ strategy .
In our Strategic Business Partners, we are looking for a senior, highly experienced and qualified HR professionals, who will work closely with the Executive Director of People & Culture and the broader Executive Leadership team to build an exceptional strategic partnering service. We need individuals to join us who know what true ‘business partnering’ looks like, who can bring business acumen, a mindset that is both agile and customer focussed and an ability to keep broader strategic aims at the heart of people matters. You will be a highly credible and consultative partner to senior managers with the confidence and interpersonal skills to coach, negotiate, challenge and influence at all levels within the organisation. As well as bringing technical expertise in people related matters, you will be a champion of cultural change and collaboration, not just within the team but as a role model across our global organisation.
Working globally, this role requires an understanding of working across a broad range of cultural, economic and social contexts, so an understanding of the challenges and complexities that come with delivering international solutions is required. Equality, diversity and inclusion are central to Plan International’s values and desired culture and this role is key in promoting that culture.
Some key deliverables:
• Act as a trusted and credible global strategic advisor on people related matters.
• Build a specific knowledge of your client group’s workforce, in their operating contexts
• Deliver strategic workforce planning, including talent, succession planning and leadership development.
• Act as an internal consultant on programmes of organisation design and effectiveness.
• Work with leadership to develop and execute a people and culture plan for your client group
• Provide strategic and some operational case work support on complex casework, on ER, reward and inter-company transfer issues.
• Promote values-based leadership, with a strong focus on embedding EDI principles in your own practices, and within our organisation culture.
Please note we are recruiting for two partner roles:
• Strategic Business Partner Lead
• Strategic Business Partner
The SBP Lead role does require more advanced experience of deputising for the Executive Director People & Culture, from time to time. This means the SBP Lead role will involve business partnering with the CEO, contributing to senior Executive Director business meetings/discussions and covering the Executive Director of People & Culture, through attendance/presentations to our International Board and Members Assembly. You may wish to consider the SBP role, if you have not yet acquired senior level partnering experience at both executive and board level.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, please refer to the job description in the link below.