Corporate Manager for Finance / Deputy Section 151 Officer
Mid Devon District Council is one of the eight Devon districts and covers an area of 353 square miles in the rural, agricultural heartland of Devon, between Dartmoor, Exmoor and the Blackdown Hills.
Over half the population is scattered in villages in the rural hinterland, with the balance divided between the three main towns of Tiverton, Cullompton and Crediton.
Mid Devon District Council is committed to delivering outstanding service across the area and has ambitious plans to grow and develop its organisation, people and services.
We are currently looking to appoint an experienced, professional, and highly motivated Corporate Manager for Finance / Deputy Section 151 Officer with a depth of leadership experience to ensure financial sustainability is delivered for the Council.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Executive / Section 151 Officer, this role will also play a key part in mapping the strategic direction for the Council in a challenging time for the sector and will be pivotal in leading the financial planning and development of the finance team as they manage financial risks, long term investment and funding workstreams.
This diverse and varied role will also require you to manage the day-to-day financial operations and have responsibility for all budgetary and year end accounts. You will also support the Procurement Manager ensuring compliance and correct policies are implemented.
To succeed in this role at Mid Devon District Council you will:
- Be a qualified accountant, have experience of working in a fast paced, challenging environment and demonstrate considerable financial knowledge from a multi-functional environment
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrable experience of leading and engaging with a finance team, and other corporate functions, to develop a mature and rounded service
- Be financially and political aware, delivering high quality solutions within a highly pressurised environment
- Need strategic perspective and a proven ability to develop business cases and financial planning cycles to enable the delivery of high-quality services and workstreams
In return for your hard work and dedication you will enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Salary £55,999 - £59,427
- Generous annual leave
- Local Government pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Relocation scheme available (if applicable)
For a candidate pack and information on how to apply for this role please contact our retained Consultant Nicola Shaw at Morgan Law 07554 443 877 or email email@example.com
Or to apply please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 10th January 2021
Interview date 29th January 2021