Customer Services Director
United Communities and Solon South West are actively working on a proposed merger, shaped by our residents, to create an ambitious new housing association for Bristol and surrounding areas.
United Communities and Solon Housing are similar in size and based in Bristol, with proud histories of supporting local communities in innovative and agile ways. United Communities has more than 1,800 homes and Solon has 1,300 homes, with each organisation employing around 40 staff. Both organisations have common values and strategic priorities around delivering excellent service, providing quality homes and enabling our staff to succeed and thrive.
We believe we can achieve more by working together than we can as separate organisations. Together, both organisations would become Bristol’s largest housing association and would play a vital role in driving forward the agenda for affordable housing and stronger communities in the city.
The main ambition for the new organisation is to improve services for our residents and we have drawn up an aspirational United Communities & Solon Customer Proposal.
As our new Customer Service Director, you will lead the transformation of our services to meet the ambition within our Customer Proposal. Reporting to the Chief Executive as part of our new shared Strategic Leadership Team, your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing strategic direction and leadership to transform the delivery of Customer Services (housing management, supported housing services, responsive repairs, community and resident engagement)
- Ensuring the delivery of efficient, cost effective and culturally sensitive tenancy and property management services to the residents, leaseholders and service users in compliance with our values, relevant regulation and legislation.
- Proactively managing relationships with our key internal and external stakeholders including the Board, residents, colleagues and partners
- Ensuring our homes are safe, efficient and are homes that residents and the organisation can be proud of.
- Providing oversight and development of excellent customer services as per our new Customer Proposal
- Working collaboratively with the Chief Executive, Board and Strategic Leadership Team to deliver the Business Plan.
- Creating an environment in which diversity and inclusion is valued and clearly demonstrated.
We are looking for an experienced leader with a track record of delivering excellent services to residents or similar customer groups. A passionate advocate for high quality and innovative customer services, you should be an inclusive, engaging manager who can inspire your teams and colleagues and successfully lead service transformation. An understanding of the housing sector would be beneficial, but we will also consider wider applicants from comparable environments.
This is a unique opportunity to join us at an early stage, help shape our future, and make a lasting positive impact for our communities and staff.
For a recruitment pack with additional information, please contact James Stephens at Morgan Law by emailing email@example.com The Closing Date for applications will be 11pm on Monday 8th March.
We welcome applicants that reflect the diverse communities in which we work.