Payroll Manager ( Pensions)
£48,000 - £51,000
Morgan Law are proud to be working exclusively with Southwark Council for the recruitment of a newly created Pensions Payroll Manager position.
The Council is continuing a programme of modernisation and change to deliver on a number of key objectives with the aim of facilitating the Pension Services to bring the Pensioner Payroll system in house. In moving to become a modern, customer-oriented organisation, the aim is to improve service delivery with a focus on continuous improvement of both cost-effectiveness and excellence in customer service.
The Existing Pension Services team consists of three sections: Pensions Admin, Projects and Technical (including training and communications) and Systems & Data. We are moving to four sections to include the implementation of the in-house Pensioner Payroll.
The post holder will manage a dedicated team to ensure that 7,000 retired members in the Southwark Pension Fund are paid accurately and on time.
1. To take a lead role in refining processes and procedures for new pensions payroll software, to enable pensioner payroll to be brought under control of Pension Services and separated from the principal employer (Southwark Council).
2. To create robust processes aligned to operational requirements and the member transition from employee to retiree under the new payroll system.
3. To lead on co-ordinating system configuration updates and monitor the testing process. Updates are often delivered at short notice and may have a major impact on running the payroll and/or individual payments; these may require additional configuration when changes are identified, drawing on expert knowledge of payroll systems to solve complex problems.
4. To manage and co-ordinate the complete monthly and annual payroll cycles for 7,000 pensioners (including overseas pensioners and/or those who cannot be paid by electronic means).
5. To create, test, and implement annual Pension Increase procedures, monthly and year end HMRC reporting procedures. Ensuring accurate and timely transmission of Real Time Information (RTI) to HMRC in line with regulations.