General Manager - Imaging Services
Excellent opportunity to join the NHS and bring your skills to help transform imaging services for our patients and communities
Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the biggest healthcare providers in the South West, employing 4,500 staff and having around 2.5 million patient contacts a year. We provide the latest treatments and care for the people of Swindon and the surrounding area from our large, modern hospital (located just off Junction 15 of the M4), in our community facilities and in patients’ homes.
We are now seeking to appoint a General Manager to lead our Imaging Department. The department includes our diagnostic Radiology, the Breast Centre and Medical Photography. We are investing significantly in the team and department, including a £5.4 million equipment rollout. You will manage our ambitious improvement programme, working closely with the Department’s lead Clinician and Nurse. Reporting to the Deputy Divisional Director, your key responsibilities will be as follows:
• Giving visible leadership to our committed staff in Imaging Department, managing, motivating and supporting team members to enable them to deliver successfully;
• Providing a first-class level of customer service to our patients, ensuring their experience with us is of the highest standard we can achieve;
• Working with clinicians and managers across the hospital, in the community and with our external partners to deliver continuous improvements through the department and wider healthcare system;
• Developing new systems, processes and ways of working to maximise the benefits of innovation and new technologies
• Identifying, managing and reporting on key performance and quality metrics to ensure we are providing safe, robust and resilient services whilst striving to continuously improve
This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and forward-thinking individual to join our team to deliver transformational services for the Trust. Previous experience within the NHS is not a prerequisite; we are very keen to attract candidates with transferrable experience from other sectors including the wider public sector, hospitality, financial services, utilities, customer services, retail and other large, complex organisations. The skills we are seeking include people management, transformation, change, customer service, process & systems improvement, performance reporting and project management.
In return, we offer you a real opportunity to make an impact within a role that offers excellent career progression opportunities. Swindon is a great place to live and as a fast expanding town, has excellent affordable housing opportunities and good local schools. The town is set in beautiful countryside between the Cotswold’s to the North and Marlborough Downs to the South. Our main hospital is based close to the M4 and within an hour of London, Bristol, Bath, Reading, Gloucester and Oxford by road or rail.
For a recruitment information pack, please contact James Stephens at Morgan Law Recruitment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 0207 747 4931. The Closing Date for applications will be midnight on Wednesday 19th May.