£40,000 - £45,000
My Client is looking for an experienced, confident and Qualified, financial controller to manage and improve our financial processes and implement our new financial software.
Duties for the Financial Controller will include supporting the Head of Finance in maintaining accounting records, evaluating and managing risks, ensuring compliance with regulations, preparing financial reports, monitoring expenditure, forecasting revenue, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information
• Ensure payments/receipts/invoices are accurately posted in financial software package (PSF and Aqilla). We are currently migrating our accounting software from PS Financials to Aqilla.
• Ensure that transactions have been fully and accurately coded before uploading journals in financial software
• Preform monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
• Manage Month End processes and provide support to the Head of Finance in leading year-end processes
• Contributing to delivering a successful budget setting process in collaboration with the Head of Finance, ensuring budget holders are carried along.
• Ensure monthly reports are prepared accurately and published promptly. Working as a finance business partner to budget holders in ensuring set budgets are met or variances fully accounted for and understood.
• Assist with the preparation of full schedules for the statutory year end accounts in compliance with the relevant SORP and financial reporting standards.
• Provide support to the Head of Finance in costing analyses as and when required.
You will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with strong all-round finance capabilities that can be evidenced through experience. You will be able to communicate effectively with finance and non-finance colleagues at all levels, with experience of supporting key decision-making