Director of Finance & Resources
Exciting opportunity to use your professional and leadership skills to help improve the lives of children.
Director of Finance & Resources
Circa £70,000 - £75,000
Closing date for applications 25th of June.
Moor House is a Non-Maintained Special School supporting students with Developmental Language Disorder. All students have an Education, Health & Care Plan. The students’ fees are paid for by their Local Authority (LA) and we currently have students from over 30 LAs. Moor House has been judged as Outstanding in each of the Ofsted inspections since 2011.
Moor House started accepting day students in 2011 and opened its Sixth Form in 2012, since then student numbers have grown significantly and are nearing the DfE registered number of 190.
Moor House is a charity. The Trustees are responsible for overseeing all financial, long term strategic issues, governance and staff issues. The Governors are responsible for overseeing educational and other issues. Moor House has recently brought its accounting year in line with its academic year.
The Bursar and Business Manager is a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT).
• To be responsible for and give direction and leadership to all aspects of budget, finance, strategy, property and governance
• To lead on the effective use of financial procedures and systems, in cooperation with the Senior Management Team (SMT) and Trustees/ Governors
• To lead on relationships and contracts with Local Authorities
• Ensure legal and safety requirements with regard to people, property and function of MH are met
• To be line manager to the Central Services team, responsible for delivering effective services in the following areas: Finance, Estate Management (Maintenance, Catering and Domestic Services), HR & Payroll, IT, Admin, Marketing and Fundraising
• Play a central role as a key member of the Senior Management Team (SMT).
• Ensure Moor House meets its Ofsted and NMSS criteria in relation to his/her areas of responsibility including Health and Safety and related policies
• Ensure that Moor House complies with all aspects of data protection and that strong and effective information governance is in operation
• Undertake the role of Health and Safety Officer for MHS&C and advise on all Health and Safety matters, including measures in the event of emergencies
• Undertake such other duties required from time to time as detailed by the Principal and work hours as agreed with the Principal
• To lead and advise SMT on matters relating to premises, finance, data protection and Health & Safety
• To develop elements of the Moor House Development Plan relating to Central Services, as well as the financial and business direction
• To monitor individual Department Development Plans within Central Services
• To attend Trustee/Governor Board and agreed Committee meetings, as well as developing and presenting papers relating to the Bursar’s areas of responsibilities
• To take responsibility for premises and financial decisions following appropriate discussions with the Principal and if appropriate Trustees
• To deputise for the Principal as required in relevant fields of expertise
• To provide support as relevant to the Principal and other members of SMT.
For further information or to apply, please contact Rohen Cardle at Morgan Law by emailing RohenCardle@morgan-law.com or telephone 0207 747 6823. The Closing Date for applications will be midnight on Friday 25th June.