Dynamics CRM Project Manager
Christian Aid are currently looking to build a CRM team to deliver a new phase of their CRM programme and as part of that team, they are seeking a Dynamics CRM Project Manager to act as the SCRUM master for the new programme of work and help drive the various projects forward following an agile methodology.
After successfully rolling out Microsoft Dynamics in September 2020, we are keen to make full use of the platform in every corner of our fundraising and supporter engagement activities. You will be joining and leading the CRM development team to manage the software development and technical support of the platform.
Following on from the core implementation, this programme will be rolled out over the next 12-15 months as an entirely new project with a new internal team driving it forward to ensure the business has the required tools to deliver Christian Aid’s core mission.
There has never been a better time to join our organisation. Well, we would say that, wouldn’t we? But we mean it. Despite the challenges we have all faced over the last year, we have performed well and continued to make an impact. We’ve made significant progress in our digital capabilities and we have an ambitious global strategy, Standing Together, guiding us along.
About the role
As part of the wider department, this post will provide a single point of responsibility for ensuring that the CRM project is planned, managed, resourced, and delivered to agreed scope, budget, and timings, using an Agile methodology. The postholder will act as a Scrum Master and play a key role in driving the delivery of the remaining work, on time and to standard. This post will also report into the CRM Steering Group on project progress, risk management and budget performance.
The key outcomes that Christian Aid hope to achieve through the role are:
- Creation and ownership for the CRM project plan / Product Backlog
- Act as Scrum Master and Agile expert for sprint delivery.
- Leading Project Team to deliver the CRM plan.
- Define and put in place effective project governance.
- Ensure all project documentation is in place and actively managed through to completion
The Agile Project Manager works primarily within FSE Department but will also contribute to conversations across the organisation and has an active role on the CRM Steering Group, which is made up of internal and external stakeholders, and colleagues from across the organisation.
You are a leader with enthusiasm, initiative, and excellent problem solving and issue-resolution skills. You exhibit a strong desire to learn and share knowledge with colleagues and are willing to adapt your approach to different team members. You are able to motivate others outside your immediate workgroup and have an infectious enthusiasm.
You will require the following experience:
- Experience of managing large, complex projects from inception to delivery using SCRUM methodologies.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Strong project analysis skills and able to consider ‘the art of the possible’ - understanding of what is technically possible for a specific project.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics capability, fundraising and marketing technologies.
- Significant experience of working within a diversely skilled agile scrum team in order to commit to, and complete, roadmap items within agreed time constraints.
You will have experience of managing large, complex projects from inception to delivery using SCRUM methodologies, embedding agile ceremonies and toolset. You will have proven experience of full lifecycle management of projects / programmes of work in a complex environment. Business change management experience and ability to shape a ‘good practice approach’ to change, and experience of working with an Agile mindset and practices.