Dynamics CRM Product Owner
Christian Aid are currently looking to build a CRM team to deliver a new phase of their CRM programme and as part of that team, they are seeking a Dynamics CRM Product Owner to lead the newly formed internal team and act as the key point of contact with the business, ensuring their requirements are at the heart of the programme and are met by the project team.
After successfully rolling out Microsoft Dynamics in September 2020, we are keen to make full use of the platform in every corner of our fundraising and supporter engagement activities. You will be joining and leading the CRM development team to manage the software development and technical support of the platform.
Following on from the core implementation, this programme will be rolled out over the next 12-15 months as an entirely new project with a new internal team driving it forward to ensure the business has the required tools to deliver Christian Aid’s core mission.
There has never been a better time to join our organisation. Well, we would say that, wouldn’t we? But we mean it. Despite the challenges we have all faced over the last year, we have performed well and continued to make an impact. We’ve made significant progress in our digital capabilities and we have an ambitious global strategy, Standing Together, guiding us along.
About the role
This successful candidate will engage with all appropriate stakeholders, including CA Trustees and Directors, to ensure that the CRM Dynamics project delivers to the needs of business and that all agreed benefits are realised. This person will closely collaborate with the Digital team to help ensure our data capabilities clearly inform and enable our digital transformation journey. As a leader within the CRM Project Steering Group, the postholder will work with colleagues and expert agencies to define the CRM strategy, lead the programme, manage the CRM team, collaborate with colleagues, and communicate to all stakeholders.
The key outcomes that the team are seeking from the role are:
- CRM programme delivers agreed business functionality and closes out
- Leadership of CRM programme team
- Ownership of and adherence to budget
- Business Requirements fully captured in the form of User Stories, approved and acceptance criteria defined.
- Work with the Agile Project Manager to define the project plan / product backlog and governance.
The CRM Product Owner reports into the Fundraising and Supporter Engagement (FSE) department and will also lead conversations across the organisation and have overall leadership of the programme team including budgetary responsibility.
You will have proven experience of full lifecycle management of projects / programmes of work in a complex environment. Business change management experience and ability to shape a ‘good practice approach’ to change, and experience of working with an Agile mindset and practices.
You will have the following experience:
- Demonstrable CRM product ownership at mid-weight level and above in an agency or client-side environment.
- Strong project analysis skills and able to consider ‘the art of the possible’ - understanding of what is technically possible for a specific project.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics capability, fundraising and marketing technologies and overall marketing strategy.
- Extensive experience of working within a diversely skilled agile scrum team, in order to commit and complete roadmap items within agreed time constraints
You are a team player with strong data, analytics and marketing skills and know how to use those to deliver outstanding supporter engagement to drive income. You’ll have bags of enthusiasm, initiative, and excellent problem solving and collaboration skills. You’re great at motivating others and have an infectious enthusiasm for CRM and FSE strategy.
Now is the time to join us in our movement to create lasting change. Let’s stand together – for dignity, equality and justice.