Finance Business Partner
University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust is the largest teaching hospital in the South West peninsula, providing comprehensive secondary and tertiary healthcare. With a turnover of c£570 million, the Trust became a teaching hospital with the opening of the Peninsula Medical School, a joint venture with the Universities of Plymouth and Exeter and has an active commitment to developing and supporting all their 8,500 staff.
The Trust’s geography gives them a secondary care catchment population of 450,000 with a wider peninsula population of almost 2,000,000 people who can access all specialist services. The population is characterized by its diversity – the rural and the urban, the wealthy and pockets of deprivation, and wide variance in health and life expectancy which contributes to an ever-changing landscape of demands. Key services include Emergency and Acute Assessment Units, General Medicine and Surgical Services, Cancer Services, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Dentistry, Ear Nose and Throat, Neuroscience and Renal Services and the Trust has great opportunities for career development in this highly progressive working environment.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced, professional, and motivated Finance Business Partner to join the finance team. This post is an integral part of the Trust’s Care Group Business Advice Team and will lead on all aspects of strategic finance to ensure best use of resource so that high quality patient care is delivered.
Reporting to the Care Group Finance Manager, you will work closely with the wider senior finance team and be the main interface between finance and operations. Your key role will be to provide and develop timely and accurate financial and performance information for your service area and you will be expected to influence and shape all financial decisions in order to deliver efficient and effective working practices. You will also provide financial input to support services to develop new pathways and technologies, maximise business opportunities and ultimately deliver an excellent patience experience.
The post holder will also be expected to use high level technical, analytical, presentational, interpersonal, and negotiating skills to develop excellent working relationships with a range of internal and external senior managers across NHS organisations.
To succeed in this role at University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust you will:
- Be a qualified Accountant with senior finance experience in a medium to large and complex organisation.
- Have experience of working with operational teams and of helping shape strategic and business planning processes which will include developing
- Transformational Savings Plans, supporting Business Cases and Demand and Capacity Planning
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrable experience in working with operational teams and other corporate functions to deliver a mature rounded service.
In return for your hard work and dedication you will enjoy a wide variety of benefits including:
- Band 8a salary package starting at £45,753 increasing to £51,668.
- 27 – 33 days holiday (excl bank holidays based on length of NHS service)
- Hybrid and flexible working available
- Standard NHS pension and other associated benefits
NHS Experience is certainly not a prerequisite for this role and we would welcome applications from all sectors. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles as diversity strengthens our teams.
For more information on this role please contact our retained consultant Nicola Shaw at Morgan Law on 07554 443 877 or to apply please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org