I'm working with a University in London who are seeking a Category manager for a 12 month maternity cover paying up to £53,000. The Category Manager will manage, maintain and develop supply agreements to achieve best value for money and good practice in non-pay expenditure. The category manager is required to effectively prioritise and plan procurement whilst working in collaboration with stakeholders in order to ensure that best value, transparent and compliant tenders are carried out.
Public Sector procurement experience is absolutely essential for this role.
Key duties of the Category Manager include:
- To provide professional procurement advice and ensure compliance to the relevant regulatory and statutory obligations.
- To attend and proactively participate at project boards as required, advising and assisting with making key decisions.
- To proactively identify, evaluate and drive opportunities of procurement options to provide value for money
- To ensure that compliance and best value is achieved for all Tenders carried out. This will include co-ordinating the development of product/service specifications, preparing the commercial and legal elements of the invitation to tender documentation, agreeing evaluation criteria and participating in the evaluation of tender returns
Key experience required includes:
- Significant experience in managing large and complex procurement
- Experience of managing high value contracts together with proven skills in successful risk management and project management
- Public Sector Procurement experience is essential, and NHS experience would be highly desirable for this role.
If you have the required experience as above please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org