Interim Deputy Head of Primary Care
The role of Deputy Head of Primary Care is a vital senior post within the team, providing leadership, guidance and support to team members, and working closely with the Associate Director of Primary Care to deliver key local and national priorities. The role also involves working on high profile and business critical projects with CCG senior managers and our Clinical Directors and Chair. The Deputy Head will represent the primary and community care team (and the CCG where appropriate) internally and externally, and develop strong partnerships with GP practices, the LMC and wider health and social care stakeholders.
The role will be for a minimum or 6 months and the client requires candidates with a strong background in primary Care Commissioning.
The post holder will be expected to:
- Develop an understanding of the national, regional and local context of primary care commissioning, contracting, finance and quality improvement agendas
- Actively build productive relationships with GPs, practices, LMC and other stakeholders across primary, community and secondary care
- Actively work with the GP federation (GP Alliance) and Primary Care Networks to promote and support at-scale provision
- Actively lead the design and delivery of clinically-led primary and community care improvement schemes and change projects relating to primary and community care and where relevant, linking into different workstreams within the wider CCG where a GP or primary care perspective is needed. Current priorities include the continued development of Primary Care Networks, and in particular the optimal deployment of Additional Roles and use of practice premises; operational and financial practice resilience during the Covid pandemic and vaccination roll out.
- Undertake quarterly practice visits to selected GP practices and be the main point of contact within the team for those practices
If you have the required experience as above please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org