Assistant Director of IT Operations
The University of Sussex is a leading research-intensive University near Brighton. They have both an international and local outlook, with staff and students from more than 100 countries and frequent engagement in community activities and services. They have embarked on a digital transformation journey that will impact every member of their community.
Building on the University’s unique heritage and as part of their Sussex 2025 Strategic Framework, IT Services are embracing new technologies and fostering a culture of innovation. They are now seeking a hands-on dynamic technology leader to embed best practice across the operational IT Teams as their new Assistant Director of IT Operations.
This leadership role is accountable for IT service operations across the University. The Assistant Director of IT Operations is responsible for leading new teams associated with Product Management, Service Management and Software Development & Delivery with approximately 50 indirect reports. As a senior escalation point you will have demonstrable technical leadership competencies and will be able to coach and mentor those in teams around them.
You will have a diversified background including strong technical competence, demonstrated project management acumen and excellent vendor management skills. You will also be an adept leader of people and have a superior, service-oriented approach to IT operations and customer service.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to communicate a vision that inspires and motivates IT operational staff.
- Exceptional technical experience, including cross-domain knowledge and preferably with a background in IT operations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a plan that ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right time, and that employees are highly engaged and satisfied.
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources internal and external to the enterprise to enhance capabilities that support business objectives.
- Success in leveraging both traditional practices, such as IT service management, as well as emerging methods, such as DevOps, that are optimised for agility.
This is a position for a highly motivated problem solver, who will use their current knowledge and future vision for transforming the Operations function to introduce strategy, technology, service offerings and workforce planning. You will be provided with a host of development opportunities and this role provides a great foundation for those who aspire to step into CxO positions in the coming years. It is a role that will drive a new operating model into University of Sussex and will provide significant influence over the transformation of IT services.
University of Sussex value the diversity of its staff and students and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Morgan Law are acting as recruitment partner to University of Sussex for this role. The closing date is August 22nd at midnight. Please contact Grace Tattersall on 07554 443883 for further information or email email@example.com