Academic Recruitment Business Partner
My client, a globally respected research institution is now seeking an experienced Academic Recruitment Business Partner to join them for an initial fixed term period of 12 months. Please note this role will require someone to be able to start before the end of September at the latest and will offer a mix of regular office and remote working on a weekly basis.
In the role of Academic Recruitment Business Partner you will lead a small team and oversee and advise on the recruitment of diverse roles within the research community of this organisation. This includes managing the call process for regular annual calls for doctoral level training programmes, fellowships for early career researchers, as well as providing expert advice and support to the wider organisation for specialised calls for senior positions or specific projects.
To be considered for this role you will ideally demonstrate proven experience of managing complex academic calls or recruitment processes together with a thorough understanding of best practice in the context of higher education, recruitment and academic training pathways.
This should include:
• Experience in managing complex recruitment processes or call management, preferably within a higher education/research institute/academic setting.
• Demonstratable understanding of the postgraduate student and other higher academic life cycles and wider context of the higher education and academic research environment.
• Experience of providing high level advice and guidance and working co-operatively and effectively with academic and professional colleagues.
• Experience of leading review processes including analysing applicant data and of implementing process improvements.
• Experience of using Flexigrant or other Grant Management or Recruitment systems.
• A strong Commitment to EDI principles and experience of active efforts to improve organisational behaviour.
• Experience of developing and writing call documents, assessment criteria and running academic panels and interviews.
• Prior knowledge of legal requirements and contractual mechanisms within higher education including processing grant agreements, secondment agreements, admission of international students/applicants and relevant immigration law.
• Experience of designing and delivering training on recruitment or open calls best practice.