Infrastructure Team Lead
I am looking for an Infrastructure Team leader for a well-known charity in London. You will be managing a small team to provide infrastructure support and project delivery to the organisation. This will include recruitment, selection, ongoing performance management such as 1 – 1, appraisals, and managing any issues, taking guidance and support from the Head of IT and HR.
- Technical lead covering End User Compute, Platforms, Networks and Security, BAU and Infrastructure design. This includes coaching and mentoring IT colleagues through the technical solutions to ensure their development and understanding of the technical solutions provided.
- Manage and drive Infrastructure delivery at project and work package level, with both IT colleagues and external contractors. Ensure stakeholders are involved at all stages of projects to ensure the solution delivered matches their expectations.
- Assist the Head of IT in the ongoing development and continuous improvement of all processes and procedures related to this role, including change management, remote working and file storage.
- Document existing setup at Dogs Trust and ensure these remain up to date as projects progress and conclude.
- Provide the Technical lead on medium to large infrastructure projects.
- Manage the day-to-day 3rd party support contracts, ensuring we are getting the right level of service.
- Engage with the business to understand current and future infrastructure demands and assist with the design of future infrastructure topology.
Experience and Skills Required
- In depth understanding of IT Services (Networks, Infrastructure, Azure)
- Ability to work with technical resources to develop/design a cohesive technical solution across the infrastructure/application stacks
- Broad range of technical infrastructure knowledge and awareness of emerging technologies that may influence future developments
- Experience identifying, managing, and mitigating risks and issues
- Proven success in coordinating resources across development teams to design, develop, build, test and transition solutions
- Proven experience in successfully delivering IT Infrastructure in an IT operations department
- Successful project planning and estimating skills when delivering medium to large sized projects
- Fully conversant with project methodologies
- Ability to plan and deliver own work to set targets and timelines successfully