Information Governance Manager
Working within the Corporate Services department, with the ability to work independently, you will ensure that the organisation meets its statutory obligations by developing, implementing and reviewing robust information governance policies and procedures.
The post holder will act as the primary source of expertise on all matters relating to Information Governance, leading on Data Protection and GDPR, Freedom of Information requests and Subject Access Requests.
The postholder is responsible for the development of the Information Security Policy and Privacy Notices and other procedural documents and will provide delivery of training across the organisation relating to data security risk and regulatory compliance awareness.
- Ensure all information management, assurance and security related documentation including policies, procedures and processes are followed and updated as necessary.
- Champion effective information management/assurance/security across the business
- Ensure that the organisation complies with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018
- Ensure that GDPR requirements are integrated into our case management and knowledge management systems and ensure data protection impact assessments are carried out
- Monitor the external landscape relating to changes to privacy laws and updated legislation relating to information governance
- Compile reports for a variety of audiences, including writing quarterly reports to the SIRO, Audit & Risk Committee, and drafting policy documents.
- Create and rollout training programmes across the business on raising awareness on good practice relating to Information management and cyber security.
- A proven track history of information management governance, preferably in a public sector environment
- Experience of UK data protection and information security legislation
- Acting as the “go-to” person on all data protection and information security matters.
- Developing data protection and information security internal policy and practice, including gaining senior management agreement.
- CIPM accredited (or equivalent) would be highly desirable. If not, strong desire to work towards accreditation.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with the ability to speak to senior management/Board Level