Associate Chief Finance Officer
Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire CCG formed in 2018 when the Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Groups joined together. They are responsible for commissioning a range of local healthcare services for the million people of the local area and these services are provided by a variety of organisations, such as local NHS hospital trusts, community health service providers and a membership of 80 GP practices.
The CCG’s mission is to make healthcare better for everyone that lives in BNSSG and they do this by putting people’s needs at the heart of all decision making and ensuring that the voice of local people shapes what they do as they seek to get the very best value from the resources available.
The values of the organisation are key to every decision made and service provided:
We act with integrity
We support each other
We embrace diversity
We work better together
We strive for excellence
We do the right thing
As Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire (BNSSG) progresses towards becoming an Integrated Care System it is crucial that the right level of expertise is available in the CCG and the Associate Chief Finance Officer will play a key role in this transition.
We are currently looking to recruit an exceptional, professional, and highly motivated Associate Chief Finance Officer with a depth of leadership and management experience to ensure that all areas of financial management and financial services are delivered for the CCG.
This is a key role in the senior finance team and will work closely with the Deputy CFO and CFO to provide guidance and direction to improve all areas of finance and ensure that robust processes and systems are in place as the CCG’s transition to an Integrated Care System next year.
As the Associate Director of Finance, you will be required to ensure that appropriate control and monitoring arrangements are in place to ensure both internal and external reporting timescales are achieved and provide exceptional management of the finance team you work with.
To succeed in this role you will:
• Be a qualified accountant with significant experience working in a large, complex organisation and ideally an understanding of the current NHS Agenda, financial recovery planning and complex clinical pathways.
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrable experience of leading and engaging with finance and other corporate functions to develop a mature and rounded service.
• Be financially and politically aware, bringing a high level of NHS knowledge on the delivery of transformational change and the wider NHS agenda including the challenges in moving towards an ICS; deputising for the Deputy Chief Finance Officer as appropriate.
• Be a strong leader able to communicate well with your peers and team members and have resilience to adapt quickly to changing priorities and demands from internal and external stakeholders and the wider health economy.
In return for your hard work and dedication you will enjoy a wide variety of benefits including:
• Band 8D salary package £78,192 - £90,387 dependant on experience
• At least 27 days holiday each year and a generous NHS pension
For a candidate pack which contains a job description and full details on how to apply, please contact our retained consultant Nicola Shaw at Morgan Law on 07554 443 877 or to apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 19th September
Interview date: 30th September