Head of Fundraising
Rowcroft Hospice is an independent charity providing a wide range of specialist palliative care services for people in South Devon. We are committed to making every day the best day possible for people living with life-limiting illnesses and providing comfort and support to families coping with the hardest days. We have an income of £10m (of which £4.5m is fundraised), 230 committed staff and 1300 dedicated volunteers delivering support to over 2000 patients referred each year. We are immensely proud of our care, which is recognised by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) as ‘Outstanding’.
We are now seeking to appoint a new Head of Fundraising. Reporting to the Finance & Commercial Director, you will lead all fundraising activity at Rowcroft and play a full role as a member of our Senior Management Team. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and delivering a comprehensive Fundraising Strategy and Plan to support the delivery of our vision and strategic aims.
- Providing leadership and expertise to the fundraising team and promoting a culture of learning, development and wellbeing.
- Enhancing our fundraising capability, providing expertise and creativity to broaden the charity’s income base
- Ensuring our fundraising activities remain compliant with statutory and regulatory requirements, and reflect best practice
- Acting as a key member of the Senior Management Team, taking joint responsibility for the leadership of the charity and the delivery of our strategy, values, and plans.
To succeed, you’ll be an experienced senior fundraiser with a background that includes individual and community-based giving. You’ll have strong planning skills and the ability to develop and deliver a strategy. Innovative and progressive, you’ll have our full support as you seek opportunities for you, your team, and our fundraising more widely to embrace new initiatives, thinking and best practice. You’ll be an effective champion for the difference we can make to people’s lives, inspiring your team, colleagues and our supporters.
If you want to feel greater personal fulfilment from a career with real meaning, consider Rowcroft Hospice. We offer purposeful work in a uniquely progressive environment. We empower our people to use their judgement to make decisions, allowing them to have an impact on how we operate. Our scope of work and our confident organisational vision creates opportunities for progress and development. And we work together with passion and pride in a professional environment where people are caring, considerate, and welcoming. It can be tough. We don't shy away from that. But you'll clearly see the importance and impact of your work and feel recognised and part of something remarkable. Join us, and make a difference.
For further information including how to apply, please contact James Stephens at Morgan Law by emailing email@example.com or telephone 0207 747 4931. The Closing Date for applications will be 11pm on Wednesday 27th October.