Staffcare & Wellbeing Specialist , People and Culture
At Plan International, we are proud to have built a strong global function, with a successfully modernised and well respected People and Culture team. We continue to seek to improve our ways of working and recognise the need to actively promote the well being of our staff in all aspects, both physical and mental and the people and culture team is focussed on supporting our global client groups to deliver on our goal of sustained well being within our workplace.
In this new role as Staffcare & Wellbeing Specialist, we are looking for an experienced and qualified Wellbeing professional, who will work closely with the Executive Director of People & Culture and the broader Executive Leadership team to build an exceptional staff wellness service. We need an individual to join us with a proven background in either HR or Psychology, with exceptional facilitation and communication skills, a mindset that is both calm and customer focussed and an ability to coach others through specific cases including both critical incident and cumulative stress management. You will be a highly credible and consultative partner to senior managers with the confidence and interpersonal skills to negotiate, challenge and influence at all levels within the organisation. As well as bringing technical expertise in well being and stress management matters, you will be a resilient, self-aware individual, who can model best practice in self care and wellbeing , not just to the team but across our global organisation.
Working globally, this role requires an understanding of working across a broad range of cultural, economic and social contexts, so an understanding of the challenges and complexities that come with delivering international solutions is required. Equality, diversity and inclusion are central to Plan International's values and desired culture and this role is key in promoting that culture.
Some key deliverables:
- Act as a trusted and credible global advisor on staff care related matters.
- Build our staff care capacity, to identify and build a peer supporter network in our locations globally.
- Embed sustainable and scalable staff care strategies, including communications and outreach frameworks.
- Develop our staff care policies and work to embed and influence practice across the organisation.
- Work with leadership to confidentially advise and consult on escalated wellbeing cases and possible actions.
- Promote education and awareness among managers regarding critical incident stress management well being strategies.
- Maintain a strong network of professional staff care organisations, practitioners and well being experts in other international agencies.