IT Operations Manager, London (Hybrid Working) £53,863 to £64,317
The King's Fund is an independent charitable organisation working to improve health and care in England. Their vision is that the best possible health and care is available to all.
They are now looking for an IT Operations Manager, to be responsible for the organisation’s IT infrastructure, applications, and services to meet their user requirements. You will lead and continuously develop IT resources in accordance with the organisation’s needs, strategy and values, ensuring compliance with IT strategy, cyber security standards and prevailing legislation.
- Designs, develops and delivers a robust, efficient and professional operational IT service to stakeholders, to the agreed service levels, within the context of the IT strategy and in response to changing business needs.
- Manages the Senior IT Support & Infrastructure Analyst and the IT Infrastructure Analyst.
- Oversees the provision of the service desk and its effective operation.
- Manages the security of the Fund’s network and IT resources, maintaining the existing Cyber Essentials Plus accreditation
- Manages resources to ensure adequate cover for both day to day workload and project delivery.
- Manages the infrastructure and services elements of the IT project pipeline and monitors on-going progress against plan to ensure delivery on time and within budget.
- Manages the provision, configuration, and deployment of hardware resources.
- Ensures the maintenance of documentation of systems, maps, procedures, user and technical information.
- Develops, communicates, and implements processes, policies and procedures to promote best practice in the use of IT services.
- Provides cover for the Head of IT in their absence.
About You-Knowledge and experience
- Experience of managing and developing people
- Experience of working in a similar role, managing networks, network security and infrastructure
- Experience securing cloud technologies (Microsoft 365 and Azure)
- Experience of working as a part of a wider, multidisciplinary team in the delivery of projects and using a project management framework
- Experience of working in a service desk environment
- Experience of providing a high-quality service and client satisfaction
The King’s Fund expects everyone who works there for them to be committed to their values and to share their commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation. Their vision, values and commitment to diversity and inclusion can be seen at: http://www.kingsfund.org.uk/about-us/our-vision-mission-and-values/our-values
The King’s Fund is a stimulating, innovative and friendly place to work. They actively support the development of their people and are committed to being a learning organisation. Salaries are competitively pitched for the charity sector, with starting salaries and are dependent upon experience, allowing room for progression, further enhanced by an occupational pension scheme and generous holiday entitlements. As a health charity, health and wellbeing is important – they provide free flu jabs and well-person screening, on-site gym facilities, a confidential counselling service and a range of policies which support flexible working.
- The location in the heart of London’s West End is another perk – just minutes away from Oxford Circus tube station with easy access to shops, parks, theatres and restaurants.