Senior Procurement Governance Officer
About The Council
Croydon is one of London’s largest and most diverse boroughs, with distinct and varied communities creating an exciting place full of opportunity. We are proud of our heritage, creativity and diversity, which will be at the heart of Croydon’s London Borough of Culture 2023 celebrations. We are home to more than 388 000 residents, with the largest number of under 18s of any London borough.
In recent months there has been significant focus on the challenges facing Croydon. We do not shy away from the scale of these challenges and have improvement programmes across the organisation to deliver the changes that are needed. All areas of the Council are under review and in Procurement it is essential we achieve savings from existing contracts and through replacing expired or expiring contracts. As part of the Council’s major reorganisation we have established a new Strategic Procurement and Governance team and commenced a comprehensive Procurement improvement plan and are now looking for experienced and likeminded procurement professionals to join us at this exciting time.
As the Senior Procurement Governance Officer your role will be to ensure that the Council is able to achieve the best outcomes for its residents, businesses and VCSE through effective procurement practice across the organisation. This is a new role within the Procurement and Governance Team and the responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Providing technical procurement expertise, professional leadership and effective challenge to drive compliant behaviours in procurement, purchasing and contract management
- Supporting the Strategic Procurement Development Manager to ensure the effective functioning of the procurement governance process, compliance with the Tender & Contract Regulations, and corresponding templates
- Working collaboratively with the Senior Procurement Policy Officer to review and implement effective Tender and Contract Regulations for the Council ensuring effective oversight and supporting the Council’s requirement for an efficient and innovative procurement function.
- Leading the progression of procurement strategies and contract awards through the appropriate officer and political sign off process, with particular focus on overseeing the monthly Cabinet “Investing In Our Borough” report
- Taking a strategic view of the Council’s procurement practices, ensuring that performance and business intelligence is used to inform our approach
In addition to the above you will also be responsible for ensuring that the Council has a suitable and fit for purpose e-tender portal that of enables them to meet their transparency obligations as well as manage the regular production of detailed analysis to support the procurement function and ensure compliance with corporate purchasing agreements.
To be considered for the role you will ideally be CIPS qualified and have significant understanding of Local Authority Procurement Regulations, Public Contract Regulations and other relevant UK and EU legislation. You will also need to demonstrate a strong understanding of emerging procurement initiatives and policies.
You will be an excellent communicator and be able to evidence experience of utilising sustainable procurement principles and techniques as well as working knowledge of deployment and development of P2P, e-tendering and contract management systems.
We are committed to promoting equality and respecting diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are a Disability Confident Employer – committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.
For further information about the role or to request a copy of the full job description please contact Joanne Till at Morgan Law on 07733 264775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note Morgan Law are managing this campaign on behalf of Croydon Council and any CVs sent directly to the council will not be considered.