Resourcing Lead (Organisational Psychologist)
The Metropolitan Police Service is the largest police service in the UK. It is the role of the Met’s 45,000 Warranted Officers, Community Support Officers, Special Constables and Support Staff to ensure the safety and security of London’s wonderfully diverse and multicultural population of over 9 million residents, as well as thousands of daily commuters, tourists and visitors. The Met is already the biggest and the most diverse it’s ever been and this will be the biggest year yet for Police Officer growth. Attracting, engaging and identifying the best talent for both Police Officer and Police Staff roles across the Met is a large-scale, complex and challenging task, which is why the Met is now seeking a talented Organisational Psychologist to join their Resourcing team.
As Resourcing Lead (Organisational Psychologist) you will be responsible for developing new and existing Resourcing projects, frameworks and initiatives where the professional knowledge and insight of an organisational psychologist with an assessment and selection background can add particular value. You will contribute to the assessment and psychometric offer for senior recruitment through designing, implementing and evaluating recruitment and assessment and cultural change interventions, assessing requirements and providing best-fit solutions. You’ll undertake environmental scanning and provide expert advice on the impact of changing demographics, economic conditions and increasing competitiveness within labour markets on talent pools available to the Met. You’ll also take a lead role in helping the Met move towards its diversity aspirations by ensuring diversity and inclusion is a key theme in all its recruitment and promotions assessment and selection activity.
To be considered you will ideally demonstrate:
- Previous experience as a senior expert in an HR, recruitment or resourcing function, working as part of a team to deliver a service provision to an organisation
- Experience of developing, implementing and evaluating employee selection processes, including psychometric tests, assessment centres and structured interviews
- Proven research and insight skills and experience of developing solutions to contribute to the talent acquisition or talent development space
- Strong project management skills and experience of delivering projects and programmes of work with multiple stakeholders and partners
- Master’s degree in Organisational Psychology
- BPS test user in ability and personality
For further information, including the recruitment pack, or to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact our recruitment partners at Morgan Law or visit https://www.morgan-law.com/MPSresourcing/
To apply please provide a detailed CV and an additional Personal Statement. Your Personal Statement should ideally be no more than 1 page and outline why you are interested in the role and how your skills and experience demonstrate your suitability for the role.
Please note, all direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Morgan Law