Group Resources Director
A unique and exciting opportunity to use your corporate and resources management skills to make a tangible impact on climate change, human health, sustainability, ethical production and biodiversity within a dynamic, high integrity charity group.
Group Resources Director
Bristol base with hybrid working
Soil Association is the charity that digs deeper to transform the way we eat, farm and care for our natural world. We do this to support a future with good health, in balance with nature, and a safe climate. We build real solutions from the ground up. For the last 75 years, we've worked with citizens, farmers, policy makers and businesses, supporting them to explore the vital relationship between the health of soil, plants, animals and people. Because the only way to solve the issues we face is to understand that they are all connected - and that food, farming and forestry are a crucial part of the solution.
Soil Association has recently introduced a new Group structure to reflect the increasing complexity and growth of the charity and our subsidiaries and programmes.
As Group Resources Director, you will report our Group Chief Executive, Helen Browning, as part of the core leadership team that includes the MDs of our group organisations. You’ll ensure that our shared financial, people, information systems and governance, resources, policies and approaches enable the Soil Association group of organisations to effectively fulfill our potential
Key responsibilities will include:
- Being a strategic partner to senior leadership across the group and a core member of the Group Leadership Team.
- Ensuring the efficient operation and further development of all group functions, including IT, HR, Finance, Risk Management, Governance, and Facilities management.
- Providing direction, professional development and leadership to the financial, HR, IT and governance disciplines both within group teams and to those based within subsidiaries
- Overseeing well integrated, group-wide annual and multi-year planning and budgeting processes, including the modelling of financial scenarios
- Acting as the guardian of best practice in charity governance, legal compliance and risk management
- Supporting decision making and performance monitoring through the provision and further development of appropriate and timely management information, including ESG data, to management and trustees
- Overseeing legal, governance and other external professional relationships
We are looking for a strategic thinker who can bring a positive, customer focused and enabling approach to managing resources across the group. Your professional background is likely to be either financial, HR, IT, governance or legal with experience of managing wider areas of corporate services. You’ll play a pivotal role in our core leadership team, bringing business acumen, constructive challenge, solutions and a valuable perspective to our strategies, proposals and plans. You’ll ensure that there is robust compliance across the group and help facilitate effective decision making across our leadership teams and Boards. You’ll also need a deep commitment to our values and mission and be passionate about the difference we can make.
For a recruitment pack with additional information, please contact James Stephens at Morgan Law by emailing email@example.com or telephone 0207 747 4931. Application is by CV and covering letter. Closing date is 11pm on Tuesday 7th June
The Soil Association is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity, and enabling inclusion. We welcome applications from people from all parts of the community. We are a Disability Confident employer and a signatory to the Bristol Equality Charter.