IT Cyber Security Manager
My local government client is now looking for an experienced IT Security Manager responsible for the IT security of two boroughs in London. The successful candidate will be CISSP or CISM qualified, have in depth knowledge of ISO27001 Standard and equivalent security standards, PCI and demonstrable Cyber security knowledge to CISSP level
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of the SSA’s ISO, PCI, PSN, Cyber security essentials and associated information/cyber security standards.
- Research of any emerging cyber security threats.
- Management and remediation of any hardware of software vulnerabilities on the councils network or associated cloud.
- Advises and consults with network team to make recommendations for all elements of cyber security for the SSA network or associated applications.
- Leadership, from a security perspective, in any Cloud related activities including Data Governance.
- Leadership of a team that advises council stakeholders on all aspects of information and cyber security.
- Deep technical understanding of cyber security threats and mitigations with a view to implementation council wide.
- Shaping and delivering the future strategy for information security with the infrastructure manager.
- To provide effective senior management of staff in team, including recruitment, training, development and appropriate application of policies and codes of practice on staffing matters.
- Evaluation of any new information security standards.
- Development and implementation of a range of corporate standards.
- Evaluation of any IT systems from an information governance perspective
- Experience with managing teams of Information and cyber security specialists
- Experience managing security forums
- Management experience with focus on mediation between stakeholders with different opinions.
- Experience Monitoring for attacks and Intrusions
- Experience looking for software and hardware vulnerabilities
- Experience leading rolling out ISO 27001 across large (4000 plus) organisations
- Experience leading roll out of PCI across large organisations.
- Experience with using and manging SIEM tools
- Experience using complex scripting Tools such as Python
- 5+ years’ experience working in risk management and governanc
- 5+ years’ experience running cross functional teams
- Experience managing the entire Microsoft 365 Defender Suite.
CISSP or CISM
My client offers flexible working and excellent benefits including a local government pension.