Director of Finance
Brunelcare is an award-winning Bristol-based charity and housing association providing high-quality housing, care and support for older people in the South West. We believe passionately in supporting older people to remain independent, with the best quality of life, for as long as possible. Housing is provided by 1,000 properties across 33 sites, three extra care housing sites and a retirement village, and we have plans to finance a significant period of development. Care is provided in people’s own homes, in five specialist care homes, and two reablement facilities. We employ a dedicated team of 1,200 people to deliver all our vital services and an overall income of £42m. We are widely recognised for our expertise and excellence in caring for people living with dementia and for supporting their families.
The last few years have brought uniquely challenging circumstances for our beneficiaries, staff and resources. However, with renewed focus from policymakers and commissioners on the importance of social care and with significant recent investment in improvements to our business and homes beginning to bring reward, we are excited and ambitious for the next chapter in our development.
We are now seeking to appoint a new Director of Finance. Reporting to our Chief Executive as a member of our leadership team and Board, your key responsibilities include:
● Embracing collective responsibility for the leadership of Brunelcare, contributing to corporate decision-making, policy formulation, business development and the delivery of strategic aims and objectives
● Leading our financial strategy and ensuring accurate and incisive financial and management information to comply with statutory requirements and enable us to make informed decisions.
● Managing our treasury function, including reporting to the Board and preparation of the annual treasury management strategy
● Assessing all new business opportunities, modelling different variables as well as identifying risk and sensitivities.
● Jointly leading the development and fulfilment of our ESG commitments, including our stated ambition to become a Net Zero business.
● Developing the Finance & IT team, individuals and self, to enhance performance and improve business standards, ensuring that all the team have the skills, attributes, abilities and experience to do their job effectively.
● Supporting the IT team in delivering a comprehensive service whilst also achieving the major milestones of our IT strategy and investment.
● Promoting strong external relationships and liaising with other organisations to share best practices and ideas.
We are looking for a qualified accountant with senior management experience and the ability to think strategically and commercially, ideally bringing some understanding of social housing. You will be an inspirational and compassionate leader, championing our values and bringing a strong focus on supporting our managers and wider teams to deliver first-class services.
Our hybrid working arrangements would enable you to work in the office or remotely, with our expectation that you’d typically be in the office for up to a couple of days per week with some flexibility around this.
For a recruitment pack with further information about the role and recruitment process, please contact James Stephens at Morgan Law Executive Recruitment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 0207 747 4931. Application is by CV and Supporting Statement.
The Closing Date for applications will be 11 pm on Wednesday 10th August.