Director of Finance & Deputy Chief Executive
Sirona is a not-for-profit social enterprise specialising in the delivery of high quality health and social care across communities in the West of England. Established in 2011 as a Community Interest Company (CIC), today we employ 1200 staff and have a turnover exceeding £60m. The Care Quality Commission (CQC) recently inspected us and rated our services as ‘Good’, with our level of care being judged as ‘Outstanding’.
“Nothing was viewed as too much trouble by staff when trying to support the hopes and wishes of patients and families,” – CQC report March 2017
Whilst the quality of our care is high and our staff committed, we operate in a challenging environment and we also need to ensure we have strong corporate leadership. We are now seeking to appoint to the redesigned role of Director of Finance/Deputy Chief Executive. Reporting to the Chief Executive,
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing strategic management of our finance, estates, IT, performance, contracting and governance functions to deliver a first class service to the organisation
- Playing a visible leadership role within the organisation as Deputy Chief Executive - championing our values, providing constructive challenge and taking accountability
- Working closely with external partners, advisors, regulators and stakeholders to represent Sirona, our staff and service users effectively
- Managing our significant upcoming capital projects and ensuring we maximise the opportunities for our communities from this investment
- Providing commercial acumen and business advice as we seek to grow and develop new services
- Giving high levels of Board assurance on our governance, compliance, financial health and risk management
To succeed, you will need to be a qualified accountant with significant exposure to Board level working. You will bring strong values that reflect our ethos of high quality care and public service, whilst being able to drive forwards new opportunities and provide corporate rigour. We operate in a competitive environment and you will play a key role in helping us identify and secure opportunities to grow our services. A background in healthcare is not necessary.
In return, we offer the opportunity to join a social enterprise and make a significant impact within our community in a broad, exciting and challenging role where you will be expected to make a wide ranging leadership contribution.
For further information or to apply please contact James Stephens at Morgan Law by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 0207 747 7548. Application is by CV and covering letter. The Closing Date for applications will be 12pm on Friday 21st July.